Friday, May 30, 2014

That sir is a monkey

When you're a known motorcycle person people send you MC related stuff when they come across it. Very seldom do I get articles on "101 way to die on a motorcycle" and I thank my friends for that. This is not one of those times.

Paul, a car guy, sent me a short article about sidecars at the Isle of Man TT he found in "Road and Track" subtitled "Dexterity, faith, and madness." It asks the question, "Who's the bravest rider at the TT?" He was stunned to see the "side car guy" hanging off, dragging a shoulder. I can't say I totally disagree with him or R&T. The Supersport and Superbike classes carry mind bending speeds and deserve top billing but the Sidecar class is quite the spectacle.

R&T had this clip from the 1961 TT. My guess is this is Paul's first exposure to sidecar racing.


I took it upon myself to bring him up-to-speed.


AHRMA Vintage Motorcycle Classic & Rockerbox MC Show June 6th - 8th.

Catch the vintage sidecar class at Road America on Saturday, June 7th!


No comments:

Post a Comment