Thursday, November 29, 2018

the bringer of joy

A quiet morning.
The sun eases over the pines.
Finally, it is cool.
The dawn’s humidity is felt.
I am open.
I move in long, straight, determined lines towards the promised end of the rainbow.
Somewhere in the distance a rendezvous awaits.
The day’s labors come and go effortlessly.
This lump of metal spins freely as it is want to do.
Its fiery hum will push out anxiety.
A soul will rest.
The light shines in.



"Hear me, dear friends. This is the motorcycle, the bringer of joy." - Fuzzygalore

Inspired by Fuzzy's post "Be an evangelist for the church of the motorcycle".

Thanks Fuzz, I love your blog!

- Ride North

3 comments:

  1. thank YOU, Jason!

    Right on, ride one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Fuzz, I'm a little slow on the bolg these days. Your posts always inspire me. Your cardboard castle immediately made me think of "The Glass Castle" and "Half Broke Horses" by Jeannette Walls. Not the same thing but a great read.

      Ride on!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete