Saturday, September 18, 2021

Osceola Landing

It's been a while since I posted anything here, a lot has been happening this summer and I should have a pile of post facto posts for the cold months ahead. Here's a gem from a beautiful June evening.

I was in the mood for some new roads and a little winding and unwinding after work, so I set my sights on Hudson Wisconsin, highway 35, and Taylors Falls, or maybe Osceola. I planned to cruise by my old place of employment in North Hudson, but Wisconsin DOT had other plans. Most of St. Croix County's roads were under construction, being resurfaced with the dreaded tar and pea gravel method. Also, the bridge to North Hudson was out. 

The pea gravel didn't prevent me from finding new roads. The crossing of the Apple River at county road I was particularly enjoyable. The other deviation from normal was taking 50th street north, where county road I turns back to highway 35.

I'm far more likely to cross the Saint Croix River at highway 8 in Taylors Falls than in Osceola and had never stopped at Osceola Landing. It's a beautiful little park on the west bank of the river, it would be fun to come back with a fishing pole. 

Parked at Osceola Landing.

Looking north to the bridge.

And south.

Fishing and family activities were happening.

This is mostly accurate; I did take I 
out of Summerset rather than 35.

The Osceola Picnic Bluff looks promising.

The ride south down 95 was pleasent. Our fuzzy brown forest friends kept clear of the road and the views, as always, were lovley.

- Ride North

June 22nd | warm and sunny | 3 hours | road construction

No comments:

Post a Comment