Friday, February 24, 2017

BBBC Feb 17th - Simple pleasure

Friday, February 17th:

Emerging from the office, the smell of warm air fills my face; it's 50 degrees out.

February has been dry, the streets are clean, and the sun is shining. I fully intended to go for a walk over lunch but instead I walked straight to my car and took off. I needed to get some work done that afternoon but I had an hour or so to myself.

Back in my garage, I put the battery in the Triumph, aired up the tires, gave it a quick walk around, and hit the go button. It fired up without delay, charger to charging down the road in under ten minutes. This is the first time I have ever ridden in February. Saint Paul is typically 20 to -15 degrees Fahrenheit this time of year. How or why this miraculous weather occurred doesn't concern me at the moment.



It was a simple pleasure to be out again.

This post (a week late) is part of the Brave Bold Blogger Challenge put on by ToadMama.com

- Ride North

3 comments:

  1. A winter ride when you don't expect one is truly a gift! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Warm February days are less rare here in Virginia, but just as welcome. I'm glad you got out to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! It inspired me to spend a day in the garage getting ready for spring. Every spring I get out on the bike and remember how much I love this! The hart wants what it can't have; I wouldn't make it very long in LA where it never snows two feet in April or hits 100% humidity in August.

    ReplyDelete