Saturday, August 22, 2015

Spring Lake Park

It’s Friday, 70 degrees and partly cloudy.  I can’t sit in the office on a day like this, so I took a lunch ride out to Spring Lake Park. Spring lake is a stump filled manifestation of lock and dam #2 on the Mississippi. The park is located on a southern bluff with views of the industrial landscape downstream of Minneapolis and Saint Paul.



A lone black rain cloud found me while I was walking the parks trails, looking for a place to eat. The majority of the park is restored prairie but I did find a short bridge over a wooded ravine where I could take shelter under the canopy. If I were out in the open I would have been soaked to the bone. Under the trees, I was able to eat my Asian salad and peach in mostly dry comfort.









- Ride North

2 comments:

  1. Been awhile since I've been to the park, picnicked but never hiked. Even in the rain, a nice day to be out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They put in a new meeting/ event building and restored a bunch of prairie, it's worth a revisit if you're in the area. I'm hoping to get down there more this fall to see what kind of waterfowl I can find on the lake; that day I saw a flock of pelicans meandering around. I managed to play the rain just right, by the time I was done with my lunch it had mostly stopped. Great day to be out. :)

    ReplyDelete