Friday, September 9, 2022

Scott County

 Went for a Sunday morning ride in the country. Not a lot of "twisties" on this one, just corn and soybeans, small lakes, wetlands, and oaks. The area south of Prior Lake has slightly more topography than the surrounding area and hosts some small lakes and oak groves. Once the corn gives way to pasture and oaks you'll have found it.


Low water.

No water.



Highway 3 south out of Inver Grove is an immediate escape from traffic and strip malls; the pavement is nice. I turned west on 80, a gravel road south of Farmington, and continued on 2 to the Cedar lake area. Just north of Cedar Lake I passed a sign for Fish Lake Campground and did a 180 to investigate. It's a private campground with some long-term trailers but has plenty of "primitive" tent spots too. I don't think it fills up often, if you're looking for a quick getaway.  (try sites 8 or 9)


After my short but enjoyable time in Scott County, I ran up to Fairview to visit my father-in-law for lunch. I prefer highway 13 on the south side of the Minnesota River to 35W but it wasn't too bad on a Sunday.

- Ride North

80 miles | 60s | sunny


No comments:

Post a Comment